|Cesar Carrasco, Ph. D.
Professor and Chair
Engineering Building, Room A-225
(915) 747-8037 Fax
Research interests include the modeling and simulation of linear and non-linear structural/mechanical systems and structural health assessment. The following are specific areas of interest:
- Modeling and testing of hypervelocity impact events for ballistic and shielding applications.
- Non-destructive testing and evaluation of aerospace and civil infrastructure systems.
- Risk assessment of micrometeoroid impacts on aerospace systems.
- Linear and non-linear finite element modeling of civil infrastructure systems.
|2000||Ph.D|| The University of Texas at El Paso|
|1992||M.S|| The University of Texas at El Paso|
Academic Honors & Awards:
Tirado, C., Mares, J.M., Carrasco, C., Gharaibeh, N., Nazarian, S. “A Mechanistic Methodology for Estimating Permit Costs for Overweight Trucks,” Publication FHWA/TX-05/9-1502-01-9, Center for Transportation Infrastructure Systems, The University of Texas at El Paso, 2007.
Tirado, C., Carrasco, C., Nazarian, S., and R. Osegueda. “Updates To Software for Estimating Damage due to Superheavy Loads.” Publication FHWA/TX-05/9-1502-01-7, Center for Transportation Infrastructure Systems, The University of Texas at El Paso, 2007.
Cesar Carrasco, Douglas Eng, Kenneth Potocki and Ingrid Mann, “Preliminary Dust-Impact Risk Study For The “Solar Probe” Spacecraft,” International Journal of Impact Engineering, Volume 33, Issues 1-12, December 2006, Pages 133-142.
1. Cesar J. Carrasco, Sergio Mendez, Douglas S. Mehoke, “Selection of Critical Design Parameters for MMOD Protection in Interplanetary Missions,” to be presented in the 2012 Hypervelocity Impact Symposium and published in Procedia Engineering, 2012.
2. Pazhayannur K. Swaminathan, Robert C. Brown, Kaushik A. Iyer, Douglas S. Mehoke, Gerald I. Kerley, Romesh Batra, and Cesar J. Carrasco, “Solar Dust Penetration of Instrument Nanofoils,” to be presented in the 2012 Hypervelocity Impact Symposium and published in Procedia Engineering, 2012.
3. Mehoke , D., Swaminathan, P. K., Carrasco, C, Brown, R., Kerley, G., Iyer, K., “A Review of the Solar Probe Plus Dust Protection Approach,” IEEE (Submitted for publication), 2011.
4. Misaghi, S., Tirado, C., Nazarian, S., Carrasco, C., “Effect of Road Vehicle Interaction on Pavement Condition Deterioration,” Journal of Transportation Research Board, (Accepted for publication) 2012.
5. Carrasco, C., Nazarian, S., Limouee, M., Bendaña, J., ”Development Of NYSlab: An Improved Jointed Pavement Analysis Tool,” Journal of Transportation Research Board, 2011.
6. Tirado, C., Carrasco, C., Mares, J.M., Nazarian, S., Bendaña, J. “Development of a Process to Estimate Permit Costs for Movement of Heavy Trucks on Flexible Pavements,” Journal of Transportation Research Board, 2010.
7. C. Carrasco, M. Limouee, M. Celaya, I. Abdallah and S. Nazarian “NYSLAB: A Software For Analysis Of Jointed Pavements,” Publication FHWA-RD-07-1008-01, Center for Transportation Infrastructure Systems, The University of Texas at El Paso, 2010.
8. Melchor-Lucero, O., Carrasco, C. Computational Technique to Assess Warhead Lethality against Ballistic Missile, published in J. of Aerospace Eng., Vol. 22, No.4, October 1, 2009, pp. 354-364.
9. Octavio Melchor-Lucero with Carrasco, Espino, L. C., Fernandez, A. and Osegueda, R., “Computer Modeling for a Generalized Approach to Measure Impact Damage”, J. of Engineering Mechanics, Vol. 133, No. 3, March, 2007, pp. 299-307.