|Soheil Nazarian , Ph. D.
Engineering Building, Room A-207
(915) 747-8037 Fax
Dr. Nazarian has more than 25 years of experience in the areas of materials and nondestructive testing as related to geotechnical and transportation infrastructure and lifeline. He has been the PI and co-PI of more than 90 research projects funded by federal and state agencies such as Texas Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration, National Science Foundation, Army Research Office, Air Force Office of Scientific Research and Strategic Highway Research Program. He has been one of the pioneers in the development and improvement of the SASW method.
- Nondestructive Testing of Infrastructure.
|1984||Ph.D|| Univ. of Texas at Austin|
|1981||M.S|| Tufts University|
|1979||B.S|| University of Tehran|
1. Correlation of Resilient and Seismic Modulus Test Results (with Williams), Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, ASCE, Reston, VA, 2007 (accepted for publication).
2. Failure Analysis of a Bridge Embankment with Cracked Approach Slabs and Leaking Sand (with Chen and Bilyeu), Journal on Performance of Constructed Facility, ASCE, Reston, VA, 2007 (accepted for publication).
3. Stripping Detection in Asphalt Pavements with Seismic Methods, (with Celaya), Journal of Transportation Research Board, Washington, DC, 2007 (accepted for publication).
4. Assessment of Debonding in Concrete Slabs Using Seismic Methods, (with Celaya and Shokouhi), Journal of Transportation Research Board, Washington, DC, 2007 (accepted for publication).
5. Performance Monitoring of Embankments Containing Tire Chips (with Tandon, Velazco and Picornell), Journal on Performance of Constructed Facility, ASCE, Reston, VA, Vol. 21, No. 3, 2007.